Today’s post is another tag. Thank you to Syc from The Lit Mermaid for the mention.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I do not! I really like to read in the car, it makes all the trips go by more quickly.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
José Saramago. For those who don’t know him, he’s a portuguese writer most notoriously known for the use of only commas and full stops. Which means there’s no exclamation points, question marks or dialogue formatting in his work. It can be really hard to get into but it’s really cool and different.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
None! I was never a fan of HP and Twilight is a bad phase of my reading life I rather not think about a lot. So I can’t take part of any.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I cary a bag generally with a book inside, I don’t know if it’s the same. It’s a regular bag with my wallet, phone, iPod, some makeup and tissues because I have really bad allergies.
5. Do you smell your books?
I smell all the books, you name them! Mine, other people’s, from the library, the one’s at the bookstore. Anything really. They all smell so nice.
The little illustrations make everything more interesting and cute. I love details.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I don’t really re-read books and I don’t remember books I’ve read a long time that well. But I’ll probably go with Twilight. I was obsessed with that thing… From what I remember, it wasn’t that good.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I just remember the embarrassment that little Cat felt while reading her first male masturbation scene… I had no idea that kind of stuff happened! Well, at least I learned something new right?
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
It’s a tie between The Bible and Anna Karenina!
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
No! I really don’t feel comfortable with writing. I avoid it as much as possible. I really like to read what others write though!
12. When did you get into reading?
I think it was around third grade. My teacher made us read 20 pages a month and it all started there!
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein!
14. In school what was your best subject Language Arts/English?
I didn’t have language arts so I’m going to pass this one!
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Probably say something, but very carefully not to hurt the giver’s feelings. They gave the gift a thought so there’s no need to be rude about it right?
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t read that many series! So this is not my thing.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Not objectively speaking about stuff! I get carried away by my feelings. So I always end up sounding too passionate or hateful.
18. What is your favorite word?
In english, wicked. In portuguese, beterraba (beet).
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
A little of all of the above I think! It’s the best combination.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires! Fairies never really did anything to me. To be honest, the few fairies I knew growing up basically where Tinkerbell and Fairy Godmother. Vampires always fascinated me. Immortality is such a cool thing, imagine how many books you could read. And I believe they’re not all bad right? I’ve always loved Dracula, even though he’s the baddest of them all.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters! How could it would be to turn into something you would want?! Besides, Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter and she is the best.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
This is hard! I’m going to go with both. I love them for different reasons but basically, spirits have control over a lot of things and werewolves are wild and powerful. Both are pretty awesome beings.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires! For the reasons stated above.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
None! Both are incredibly nerve racking. Why can’t two people just like each other and have a non conflictual relationship?! There’s other ways to create interesting plot points people!
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes! I’m not allergic to romance ya know? But I find it annoying when in excess. A good balance between it and other things is the best formula!
Thank you so much for reading and getting to know a bit more about myself!
See you next time.