Happy New Year everyone!
As my last post of 2016, here are my top 10 favourite reads!
In alphabetical order:
- Crows on Heartstrings, edited buy Audrey Meeks
- The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood
- Iron Cast, by Destiny Soria
- Kindred Spirits, by Rainbow Rowell
- Lumberjanes Vol. 1, by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Brooke A. Allen
- Monstress Vol. 1, by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda
- Paper Girls Vol. 1, by Brian K. Vaughn, Cliff Chiang and Matthew Wilson
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory, by Caitlin Doughty
- Through the Woods, by Emily Carroll
- Wishful Drinking, by Carrie Fisher
Honorable mentions: A Monster Calls, The Ask and The Answer and Monsters of Men, all by Patrick Ness (2016 was the year to discover and love this man’s work), Just Kids by Patti Smith, Kindred by Octavia E. Butler, The Girls by Emma Cline, Secret Loves of Geek Girls edited by Hope Nicholson, The Grownup by Gillian Flynn, Bloodline by Claudia Gray, Ms Marvel vol. 2 and 3 by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona, Jacob Wyatt, Takeshi Miyazawa, Elmo Bondoc.
Honestly, I couldn’t be happier with how well 2016 went, reading wise. I never read so much in my entire life. Of course there were some bad books along the way but overall, I can’t complain!
What are some of your favourite reads of the year? Recommend me stuff to get in 2017 😀
See you guys there.